Saturday, September 26, 2009

Where Does The Time Go For The Near & Dear?






So now my head is exploding......

Not sure if it is because I have been crying way too much. Or maybe because I am trying to hold back the tears, to which I think now is a very bad idea. Migraine, Migraine, Migraine. Face hurts as well. But at least I had a wonderful shoulder to lean on when I heard the news. Thank you.

A brother of mine died a few days back. Sadly due to not answering a couple of texts, thinking they were spam, I didn't get the news till today. Grrrrr. And with him was also a wonderful friend (a "FB" ex) who had a broken neck due to this, and is not doing to great. This all happening out hunting on a boat up north, and my dear friend having a hear attack at 49 at the helm. He lived a hard life, but sheesh.... a bit young in my books for that. The only thought going through a few of our minds, he went in a way he loved. This doesn't comfort the blow that much, and still can't take away how much it hurts. I think more so as there was no hello or good bye in the last few years, and wishing those last rides that were taken weren't so far back.

There were never enough Toy Runs, Partys, or just hanging about the shop. And I remember the day he asked me to polish his bike with a q-tip, and of course my answer to that one. I remember the first time I rode that sporty, yup that was my day..... thanks dude, my bike now. The drinking competition he and a few got me into, stupid mistake on their part... lesson well learned. And that one particular Sail Pass with 'N' as Santa that year, and we had him on his boat. And OMG, the waves and 'N' drunk and riding it like a bull rider. Shit, I'm sure they all thought we were going down at the super port on turn around. But nope, he new that boat all too well. Gonna miss him.

So where does the time go when you have all those great memories out there and you don't get together enough to reminisce. Do we forget to take the time out of our lives to get together with our family and friends, before it's too late. Especially with those that mean so much to us, that are near and dear to our hearts. When was the last time you called up that person you considered to be your besty, and haven't had the time to.... or just maybe haven't made the time to. People that have made impressions in our lives, people that meant so much to us. Like my brother who I stole a t-shirt from, and said I would give it back in 10 years... do a swap for another. Well, we are just over that 10 year mark by about a year or so. And here I sit, with that first t-shirt wondering how do I say hello and goodbye again.

Rest in Peace my brother.
Summerland is your home now
BB

1 comment:

Miss D said...

Now I have to make my way to Prince Rupert.... is anyone traveling that way by chance?